I spied Bill Amadon,(billamadon.com) an Essex artist and good friend, walking around on the frozen lake in front of our boathouse a few days ago. The lighting and distance made identification a little dodgy but the dog was hint #1 and a conversation with Bill the day prior (at the Essex Post Office where so many mid-winter encounters occur) was hint #2.
Bill mentioned that he was working on a series of three commissioned paintings, and that he was hoping to make it out onto Lake Champlain early the following morning to capture the waterfront in early morning light. He needed the photos to research the third and final painting in the series.
My suspicions were confirmed when a short while later Bill Amadon posted the following images to his Facebook page. He generously permitted me to showcase the photographs here. Enjoy!
- De-Icing the Duck Pond (rosslynredux.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Boathouses (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Waterfront with Ferry to South (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Bald Eagle Breakfast (rosslynredux.com)
- Vintage Photo: Kestrel at Rosslyn Boathouse (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- La Vie en Rose (rosslynredux.com)