After another toss-turn-twist-roll-toss-turn night I spent some time trolling the web for organic mattresses and organic box springs. It’s truly amazing how much this marketplace has changed over the last year or two. There are literally too many options to sort out!
I’m hoping to inspire Susan to look into a few and see if maybe she’d be willing to try out something new… A couple that look promising:
- Home Green Home Organic Box Spring
- Abundant Earth Organic Cotton Box Spring
- Earthsake Organic Box Spring
- Royal-Pedic Double Diamond Box Spring
- Rawganique Organic Box Spring
I’ve come to suspect that our problem with the bed/mattresses we’ve been sleeping on since moving into Rosslyn might have less to do with the mattress and more to do with the box spring, or lack thereof. The mattress sits on a rigid platform that was built for us. I’ve read in several places that heavier bodies (I’m usually around 205 pounds) are better supported by mattresses with springs in conjunction with box springs.
“Sleepers over 175 lbs. especially will appreciate the increased flexibility of a box spring compared to a rigid slatted platform.” (Home Green Home)
Worth a try? Susan’s found it incredibly hard to sleep soundly on this mattress/bed as well, so we’re both looking for a smart solution rather than trying new mattresses every few months…
- Top Four Qualities To Look For In A Mattress (lakeside.com)
- The Importance Of Choosing A Good Mattress For Growing Kids (roomtogrow.co.uk)
- The Science Behind A Proper Night’s Sleep Supports Smarter Mattresses (readwrite.com)