The Adirondack Art Association in Essex, NY sponsored a creative fundraiser recently. They invited members of the community to transform recycled slate from Rosslyn’s roof into unique artworks to auction off. Dreamed up by Amy Guglielmo following her successful Depot Theatre “sap bucket” art auctions, the slate art auction was an artistic and fundraising success.
Though I’m not sure how much my goofy doodle of Rosslyn’s boathouse contributed…
Just thought you would enjoy seeing it. Actually part of a longer term project to create slate doodles of many historic Essex architectural views which is the reason I saved the slate back when we were renovating. One more project for a rainy day!
- Slate Art at the Essex Gallery (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Daily Doodle: Amy Guglielmo’s Essex Flowers (essexny.us)
- Daily Doodle: Essex Ferry Dock (essexny.us)
- Daily Doodle: Essex Community Church by Glenn Estus (essexny.us)
- How do you doodle, Essex? (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Welcome to the Doodler’s Guide to Essex, NY! (essexny.us)
- Daily Doodle: Clare’s Essex Sailboat (essexny.us)