Darkness is falling in the Adirondacks, and soon with a little luck I will witness the Perseid showers streaking the Champlain Valley dome. My bride shot this image on her mobile from our runabout in the middle of Lake Champlain on August 12, 2013 while waiting for the meteor shower. If you’re in the neighborhood, look up. And watch out for flaming pebbles!
- The Perseid Meteor Shower, and why it deserves to be made a fuss of. (dailysliceofpi.wordpress.com)
- Star-gazing wonder (timesofmalta.com)
- What causes the Perseid meteor shower? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gallery: Perseid meteor as seen across the world (metro.co.uk)
- Star-struck astronomers capture images of hundreds of meteors lighting up the sky in annual cosmic display (philosophers-stone.co.uk)