Rain, rain, rain. That was the main melody this spring, and all of that rain delayed planting vegetables. But as Lake Champlain‘s devastating flood of 2011 begins to subside, virtualDavis turns to the garden. The latest Rosslyn Redux video update takes a look at what’s been planted in the garden including lots of tomatoes: Beaverlodge 6808, Cherry Buzz, Cuore Di Bue, Green Zebra, Kellogg’s Breakfast, Sweet Seedless Hybrid, Fourth Of July, Tye-Dye Hybrid, Brandy Boy, Orange Wellington and Steak Sandwich.
In addition to the organic and heirloom tomatoes, Rosslyn’s 2011 vegetable garden includes Casper Eggplant, Prosperosa Eggplant, Millionaire Hybrid Eggplant and Fairy Tale Organic Eggplant.
On to the peppers: Felicity Pepper, Pizza Pepper, Créme Brulée Pepper; Ancho Magnifico Pepper, Ascent Pepper and California Wonder 300 Pepper.
Then there are the melons: Fastbreak Cantaloupe, Petite Treat Watermelon and Ruby Watermelon.
Last but not least there are Franklin Brussels Sprouts and Dimitri Hybrid Brussels Sprouts.
But that’s just the new transplants. Onions, radishes, peas and Swiss chard are already underway! And many more seeds will be planted over the next couple of weeks including zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, lettuce and beans…
What are you planting in your garden this summer?
- Soggy Soil Delays Planting (rosslynredux.com)
- New Grapes: Neptune and Reliance (rosslynredux.com)
- The Farm (rosslynredux.com)
- Vegetable Garden Planting (glenns-garden.com)
- 10 Gardening Lessons Learned the Hard Way (wisebread.com)
- The Kitchen Garden (savorysaltysweet.com)
- My 2011 Gardening Journey Has Begun! (casasugar.com)
- Diagram for the Vegetable Garden (theorganicchickenlady.wordpress.com)